The New York State Canal Corporation, through the Reimagine the Canals initiative, and the Erie Canalway National Heritage Corridor are launching a new competitive grant program to support tourism and recreation along the New York State Canal System.
The 2022 program will provide funding to support tourism infrastructure and amenity improvements, and events. Grant funding is open to counties, municipalities, units of local government, not-for-profit organizations and federally recognized Native American tribes.
Grants Q & A Session
This video is a recording of the information session on the grants program held on 3/3/22. It includes an overview of the program and its two funding categories, Event Support and Tourism Infrastructure & Amenity Support, followed by Q&A from participants.
Projects submitted should demonstrate how they will achieve one or more program objectives:
- facilitate recreation and/or tourism
- enhance visitor amenities
- encourage overnight stays
- improve the visitor experience
- make recreational and tourism assets more accessible
- attract and serve diverse audiences
- improve connectivity between recreation areas and communities or between waterways and land trails