This is an accessibility statement from Erie Canalway National Heritage Corridor.
Measures to support accessibility
Erie Canalway National Heritage Corridor takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of Erie Canalway National Heritage Corridor:
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Integrate accessibility into our procurement practices.
- Assign clear accessibility goals and responsibilities.
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
- Provide support for accessible tourism in the National Heritage Corridor
- Develop accessible/inclusive tourism products
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Erie Canalway National Heritage Corridor is fully conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Fully conformant means that the content fully conforms to the accessibility standard without any exceptions.
Additional accessibility considerations
Every page on this website has been examined for accessibility and we have taken steps to ensure conformance with accessibility standards.
This website includes links to some longer PDF documents. Please contact us to receive a copy if needed. Alt text for images may include information about the location of the image and photographer. We are continuing to add descriptive alt text throughout the site.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Erie Canalway National Heritage Corridor. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Erie Canalway National Heritage Corridor:
- Phone: 518-237-7000
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visitor Address: Peebles Island State Park, 1 Delaware Ave., Cohoes, NY 12047
- Postal Address: P.O. Box 219, Waterford, NY 12188
We try to respond to feedback within 2-3 business days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Erie Canalway National Heritage Corridor is designed to be compatible with assistive technologies. Our developers have tested this website with common user environments to determine compatibility. Despite best efforts, accessibility may not work well in every combination of operating system, web browser, and assistive technology.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of Erie Canalway National Heritage Corridor , there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for Erie Canalway National Heritage Corridor:
- Paypal Integration: The select box with shipping options does not have proper ADA coding, but it is generated by PayPal embed code. We are unable to fix coding provided by PayPal. We are working to provide additional payment options in the future. Please contact us if you would like to order a guidebook but are unable to use the PayPal option.
- Form output: We have adjusted our forms to be color-compliant. However, our CMS's form markup sometimes violates ADA standards. This occurs for only a few items, like when there is a datepicker. If you have difficulty filling out online forms, please email us so that we can work with you to complete the information..
- YouTube video embeds: There are violations with regards to the code and the color of the title for embedded YouTube videos. We are unable to fix coding provided by YouTube. Video content provides visual enhancement to information provided on the page, but does not include instructions or other content that is not otherwise available to screen readers.
Erie Canalway National Heritage Corridor assessed the accessibility of Erie Canalway National Heritage Corridor by the following approaches:
- External evaluation
Formal approval of this accessibility statement
This Accessibility Statement is approved by:
Erie Canalway National Heritage Corridor
Director of Communications and Outreach