If you are teaching your students about the Erie Canal, you've come to the right place! Take your students to the canal with Ticket to Ride or access lesson plans and document based questions.
Our Ticket to Ride Program provides funding to help you take advantage of first rate educational field trips to the Erie Canal. Choose from exceptional education programs at designated museums and historic canal sites near you.
The program covers both bus and tour fees. Funding is available on a first-come, first-served basis until available funds are exhausted.
NOTE: Ticket to Ride funding is fully expended for the 2021-22 school year. Please check back in September regarding funding for 2022-23.
Our Ticket to Ride Program provides funding to help you take advantage of first rate educational field trips to the Erie Canal.
Erie Canalway Ticket to Ride Locations
These sites include as part of their program a trained curator, educator, or historian; formal docent program; approved tour script reflecting State Education Social Studies standards; and demonstrated experience providing school tours.
• Albany Heritage Area Visitors Center, Albany
• Arkell Museum at Canajoharie, Canajoharie
• Camillus Erie Canal Park, Camillus
• Chapman Historical Museum & Glens Falls Feeder Canal Alliance, Glens Falls
• Chittenango Landing Canal Boat Museum, Chittenango
• Cornhill Navigation/Sam Patch Boat Tours, Pittsford
• Erie Canal Discovery Center, Lockport
• Erie Canal Museum, Syracuse
• Explore Buffalo (Canalside), Buffalo
• Historic Palmyra, Palmyra
• MiSci, Schenectady
• Schoharie Crossing State Historic Site, Fort Hunter
• Seneca Museum of Waterways and Industry, Seneca Falls
• Stephen and Harriet Myers Residence, Albany (Underground Railroad story)
Every Kid Outdoors
We are connecting fourth grade students with National Parks in the Erie Canalway to help meet our nation's goal of ensuring every fourth grader in the country has a free trip to a national park. Contact the park to schedule a field trip and use the Registration Form above to request funds to cover tour and bus fees to these parks:
• Fort Stanwix National Monument, Rome
• Theodore Roosevelt Inaugural National Historical Park, Buffalo
• Saratoga National Historical Park, Stillwater
• Women's Rights National Historical Park, Seneca Falls