If you are teaching your students about the Erie Canal, you've come to the right place! Take your students to the canal with Ticket to Ride or access lesson plans and document based questions.
Our Ticket to Ride Program provides funding to help you take advantage of first rate educational field trips to the Erie Canal. Choose from exceptional education programs at designated museums and historic canal sites near you.
The program covers both bus and tour fees. Funding is available on a first-come, first-served basis until available funds are exhausted.
Sorry! Funding for 2016/17 Ticket to Ride tours has been allocated. We are NOT accepting new registrations. Please check back with us in September 2017 for tour support for the 2017/18 school year.
These sites include as part of their program a trained curator, educator, or historian; formal docent program; approved tour script reflecting State Education Social Studies standards; and demonstrated experience providing school tours.
• Albany Heritage Area Visitors Center, Albany
• Arkell Museum at Canajoharie, Canajoharie
• Camillus Erie Canal Park, Camillus
• Chittenango Landing Canal Boat Museum, Chittenango
• Erie Canal Discovery Center, Lockport
• Erie Canal Museum, Syracuse
• Historic Palmyra, Palmyra
• MiSci, Schenectady
• Schoharie Crossing State Historic Site, Fort Hunter
• Seneca Museum of Waterways and Industry, Seneca Falls
• Stephen and Harriet Myers Residence, Albany (Underground Railroad story)
• Tug URGER Program, multiple sites
Our Ticket to Ride Program provides funding to help you take advantage of first rate educational field trips to the Erie Canal.
We are connecting fourth grade students with National Parks in the Erie Canalway to help meet our nation's goal of ensuring every fourth grader in the country has a free trip to a national park. Contact the park to schedule a field trip and use the Registration Form above to request funds to cover tour and bus fees to these parks:
• Fort Stanwix National Monument, Rome
• Theodore Roosevelt Inaugural National Historical Park, Buffalo
• Saratoga National Historical Park, Schuylerville
• Women's Rights National Historical Park, Seneca Falls